Re: pterosaur take-off analog

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Peters" <davidrpeters@charter.net>
To: "Mike Habib" <mhabib5@jhmi.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 6:40 AM
Subject: pterosaur take-off analog

Pterosaur wings were like those of sailplanes (when properly reconstructed). Maybe calculations involving take-offs should be modified to reflect different wind conditions.

Paul McCready and John McMasters were doing that as early as 1983 .... :-)
Both Mike and I have done it for the quad launch as well. I looked at it for the quad launch as early as February 1999, over 10 years ago, and for other launch modes a couple of years earlier than that. JimC