Water-bourne pterosaur launch

Chaps,

Quick question: in numerous threads on pterosaur launch there's been mentions
of pterosaurs taking off from water, but, to my knowledge, it's never really
been discussed further. The mechanics of water launching have to be quite
different to those acting on terrestrially-launching critters, and I've never
really been too sure how it would work. Anyone (and I'm particularly glancing
over at Mike and Jim here, seeing as they're typically the guys saying it can
happen) come up with a suitable mechanism for it?

Back to work.

Mark

--

Dr. Mark Witton