Re: Pterosaur in water Re: Fw: Water-bourne pterosaur launch

On Thu, Oct 8th, 2009 at 9:29 AM, "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>
wrote:

> Ok, it just occurred to me I've not seen a representation of a pterosaur
> in water. Did a quick google search but nothing yet.
>
> So, did they sit in the water like a duck? How were the wings folded? etc
>
> Is there a pic someone's done? Having troubles visualizing this water
> take off...

There's every possibility that they couldn't swim at all. Frigate birds spend
their entire lives around
the ocean, but if they land in the water they risk drowning. Holiday resort
operators in Queensland
often have to rescue frigate birds from their fresh-water beach-side pools,
which the birds skim for
a drink.

Dann Pigdon
GIS / Archaeologist                Australian Dinosaurs