Re: Size comparision picture (whale, brachiosaurus, hatzegopteryx)

2009/10/7 Richard W. Travsky <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>:
> And an elephant. And some humans. In an outdoor exhibition.
>
> http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/blue-whale-and-brachiosaurus-and-hatzegopteryx.jpg
>
> There was a link to this on this page
>
> http://thedragonstales.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html
>
> It had no other info, so I don't know where this is located. Very cool
> comparision tho

The clue's in the svpow.wordpress.com URL.  That's me leaning on the
brachiosaur forearm and Matt Wedel gazing up devotedly at the
neck-base.  The whole thing is of course a photoshop job, carefully
scaled, executed by Matt.  He blogged it here:

http://svpow.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/sv-pow-showdown-sauropods-vs-whales-vs-elephants-vs-pterosaurs-vs-mike-and-me/
and there is more information in its precursor's blog entry here:

http://svpow.wordpress.com/2008/05/20/sv-pow-showdown-sauropods-vs-whales/

Seriously, folks!  You should all be reading Sauropod Vertebra Picture
of the Week religiously.  It is, and I think I can say this without
fear of contradiction, THE number one blog in the field of sauropod
vertebrae.  And it's full of other good stuff, too.
        http://svpow.wordpress.com/
The most recent post is a brief write-up of my new paper in the
Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature on the inevitability of
electronic-only publishing and why the ICZN has to come to terms with
it.