Re: *Mauisaurus* vs large pterosaurs

--- On Wed, 10/7/09, Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com> wrote:

> Well, I don't want to go ploughing in from my position of
> ignorance --
> maybe there are new and much larger specimens?  But if
> any of our
> resident sauropterygian jockeys want to leap in and edit
> that baby,
> I'd be in favour of that.

I received an off-list message from a genuine expert. He was somewhat
scandalized by that number too. To put it mildly.

Anyhow, still don't really know what the max known neck length is.

I am well-acquainted w/ plowing in ignorance, but don't much about the jockey
thing. Where do they get their saddles?