re: Pterosaur in water

Ok, it just occurred to me I've not seen a representation of a pterosaur in water. Did a quick google search but nothing yet. So, did they sit in the water like a duck? How were the wings folded? etc

Is there a pic someone's done? Having troubles visualizing this water
take off...

Wings folded and hollow they would float like pontoons with the pterosaur between them also unable to sink IMHO. Legs also spread laterally. Lifting the wings into the air would sink the pterosaur slightly IMHO, but passing breezes would lift it. IF no passing breezes, why did the pterosaur settle on the surface to begin with? Elasmosaur bait.

The hyperelongated metacarpals of nyctosaurs, pteranodons, etc. might have been part of the balancing act, keeping the center of balance at all times (even while pontooning with an enormous rostrum) centered at the glenoid.

David Peters