Re: Reverse-engineering the T. rex genome

As far as I read, this parasite lives for short time out of their
hosts, which can support the hypothesis it does only go well in warm
environments. If it can get proved that the Trichomonas gallinae
requires high temperatures to live, it can support the hypothesis that
at least coelurosaurs presented similarly constant high temperatures.
It may be said that for giant tyrannosaurids gigantothermy explains
these temperatures, but I do not know if smaller juvenile
tyrannosaurid specimens also present these infections...