Re: Not: why the long face? but:why the long neck?

--- On Sun, 10/11/09, Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

> If you grab a small monitor anywhere except for
> the back of the head, it can bite you. You generally need
> to use two hands to subdue a small
> monitor; one at the base of it's neck and the other at the
> base of the tail (to prevent it from
> clawing you or whipping you with it's tail). Even then
> you've got a fight on your hands (or rather,
> *in* your hands).

The voice of experience?   :-)
I can see where a large monitor whipping its
tail could both sting/hurt and perhaps even
break a bone, but a smaller one really doesn't
pose much of an issue with its tail, does it?
Of course even smallish ones have claws and teef!