RE: Dinosaurs Decoded

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Michael Erickson
>

> As far as I'm concerned, the hypothesis that _Dracorex_ and
> _Stygimoloch_ are jeuvenile _Pachycephalosaurus_ is complete
> and utter bunk. Bakker gives a good rebuttal here:
>
> http://scienceblogs.com/laelaps/2008/04/paleontological_profil
> es_rober.php

In contrast, I find it almost certainly correct (at least that Dracorex is a
juvenile of either Stygimoloch or Pachycephalosaurus, or both if Styg. &
Pachy. are themselves conspecifics).

For cases where there are alleged specimens which are decisive relative to
the different scenarios: let the specimens be revealed and make the case.

Or, to paraphrase Zombieland, pub up or shut up. (Note this goes for Horner
et al., too, although they are apparently working on it.)

Until then, either scenario is hearsay.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216