FW: The ground-nowhere hypothesis on the origin of bird flight (joke)

> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:17:22 +0200
> From: david.marjanovic@gmx.at
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: FW: The ground-nowhere hypothesis on the origin of bird flight
> (joke)
>
>> Any proavis as you would point out would have a fraction of that=20
>> range but doesn't make it any less viable. Predators like to stick
>> around where the prey collects particularly if their range is
>> restricted. W= aterhole anyone?? --dale (not a joke)
>
> Well, if you drag Archie into it, both the anatomy and the size of that
> animal (or anything like it) make this scenario completely impossible as
> far as I can see. Do you postulate that the evolution of flight happened
> in much larger animals?

Why not? Theropods reached a good size during the Early Jurassic.
A raven-sized animal could have the mass and with it the speed to
hit small prey hard. Or am I missing something here?

New! Get to Messenger faster: Sign-in here now!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9677407