From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of Michael Erickson
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:03 PM
To: Dino List
Subject: Shameless paper request, and a naive question

Shameless Paper Request:

Can anyone supply me with

Bakker, Williams, and Currie (1988). "Nanotyrannus, a new genus of pygmy
tyrannosaur, from the latest Cretaceous of Montana." Hunteria,
1: 1-30

I'd very much appreciate it. That's not fluff, I mean it.

Naive Question:

In the paper I am requesting, isn't it determined that _Nanotyrannus_ is
an adult, due to full ossification of the cranial elements? If this is
the case, how can _Nanotyrannus_ be a juvenile at all, let alone a
juvenile _Tyrannosaurus rex_? Is there some kind of awesome paper I'm
missing? And if there is, does said paper CONVINCINGLY refute Bakker,
Williams, and Currie's claim the cranial elements are fully ossified?

See, I told you it was a naive question.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/