RE: Footstep sounds - was RE: Novas, Age of Dinos in S.A., pg 203 figure D

  Mike, I am not sure where the miscommunication has occured, but I have not
actually been talking about _sounds_, nor apparently was the person you
initially responded to when you brought up "earth shaking," "earthquakes," etc.
 The issue was about vibrations through the ground, and I was rather explicit
in my post about using _vibration_ and not _sound_.  You seem to have misread
or miscontrued your refutation of the earth-shaking properties of large objects
walking and/or rolling along the ground (silently, even) to only refer to their
sounds, which was never an issue.

  You comment about _walking_ cattle across a dirt road=2C seemingly in support
of the above argument, because apparently you are construing the topic of
"earth-shaking" to be limited to a walking (and therefore apparently silent)
sauropod.  This still has nothing to do with prevention of vibration through
the ground (read: NOT sound!).

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to
do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different
language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to
kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at
things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/