Re: A new term for "missing link"

I don't understand all the missing-linkl hatin'.  We all get that
evolution is bush, not a straight line.  Still, the sequence of
ancestors leading a given species IS a sequence; other lineages branch
off it, sure, but that lineage is a straight line.  And if a link is
missing from that lineage, what's the problem with calling it a
missing link?  Really?