Re: node fossil

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Graydon wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:59:28PM +0200, David Marjanovic scripsit:
 Maybe you weren't too far off with "keystone", though.

Well, there's only one keystone in every arch... the one thing that
really annoys me about the term "missing link" is that it implies
there's _one_ link between two monolithic groups, while in reality there
are long transitional series.

Is there anything wrong with "shared ancestral form"?

As in, "We believe that Ardi is near the shared ancestral form of modern
humans and modern chimpanzees"?

That starts to get a bit long but does lend itself to acronymization: SAF