Re: Hadrosaur beaks and tails

Shere Khan junior wrote:

> I was wondering what the beaks of hadrosaurs were
> like when the animals were alive. I understand
> they were made of keratin, but what was the
> covering like?

The Los Angeles County Museum has a flippin' FANTASTIC Edmontosaurus skull
with some of the keratin shape preserved. Have they EVER published
pictures of it??? When I was there some years ago it was displayed in a
dark corner which made picture taking difficult. Are there any good images
available on the web or in books... or are they still keeping it a secret
(for some unfathomable reason)?

-- Donna Braginetz