Re: Dinosaur smell

From the cage behind me - "DEY MELLED BETTER DEN 'DYANPTIDS'!

LOL!

Now, their poop on the other hand...   Synapsid runs for it. ...

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX
tiggernut24@yahoo.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ezra Toranosuke" <sherekhanjunior@hotmail.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 9:27 PM
Subject: Dinosaur smell

Ok, another quirky question. I don´t know if it has been asked before here... What do you people think dinosaurs smelled like? I ask because I was in a crocodile preserve some time ago and I was surprised at how crocs don´t seem to have any kind of particular odour; amazing how any dog stinks much worst than a five meter long predator... What is the reason behind this? Why don´t crocodiles stink?

Do you think big theropods had a strong smell? And what about large herbivorous dinosaurs?

I know this kind of question is difficult to answer but I'd like to know your ideas...

Thanks!
Si no está en Windows Live, nunca pasó
http://www.actualizatuperfil.com.mx/