Re: science eduction

2009/10/17 Ian Paulsen <birdbooker@zipcon.net>:
> HI ALL:
>  I was wondering what are the main problems are in scince eduction in the
> USA? Why do Americans lack interest in science?

Compared with which countries?

Gould said in one of his last books "Brontosaurus and..." that the
current stereotypes shown by the media do not favour intellectual
tasks too much. Suppose few ones want to get close to the label of
"nerd".

Anyway, I suppose interest in enhancing knowledge of the world was
never a primary interest of mankind. For example, Greek philosophers
were surely a small proportion of the countries in which they lived.
At least, it seems it is not a task human beings are more prone to do
than, say, shoe-making.