Re: Science education

What?
American interest in science is very strong.
If you're running into personal experiences that slant you to an opinion,
that's just a small-percentage coincidence.

I think many college students that have a technical aptitude often go into
engineering due to the higher financial rewards.

The current crash of the economy for the past several years may have made it
near-impossible for some people to undertake a vocation in the sciences -
please take that into consideration.

I would also think the problems of getting good teachers and retaining them may
also keep alot of children from otherwise developing an interest at the
grade-school level that they deserve - again, that's an economic issue.

My experience with kids and young adults shows a keen interest in the sciences
- especially towards zoology, recently.

------
(first posting got trashed somehow)