From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Ezra Toranosuke
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 2:33 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: "African crane" sounds

Hey! I have yet another question... you know the sound raptors made in the
Jurassic Park movies when calling each other? The filmmakers said hey had
used the sound of an "African crane". Does anyone, by any chance, know what
species they were refering to??

I know, not paleontology, but I thought I'd ask just in case there is a
crane or bird expert around...