Re: So what are the rules about SVP and publishing? Or talking about presentations?

2009/10/21 Sarah Werning <swerning@gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/21 David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>:
>>> SVP meeting abstracts do not undergo peer review (I think some editor looks
>>> at them, but that's it), and almost none of the submissions are rejected.
>
> This year, the abstract rejection rate was on the order of 10%. It has
> been steadily growing the past few years, because the number of
> abstract submissions has been growing while space constraints have
> remained fairly steady.

Wow -- I had no idea it was that low.  This makes my own achievement
all the more impressive: even without allowing for the fact that
previous years rejected fewer than this year, it means I had only a
1/1000 chance of hitting this losing streak.  Fingers crossed that I
make it to the coveted one-in-ten-thousand chance next year!