RE: dino bones in space - was it a PR thing?

"The first dinosaur in space was Maiasaura peeblesorum  (a duck-billed
dinosaur). A piece of bone from a baby Maiasaura and a Maiasaura
eggshell were taken into space by astronaut Loren Acton on an 8-day NASA
mission (Spacelab 2) in 1985"

Tangential question - the source of some meteorites is our own moon, and
some others are Martian. Do Mars and the moon also have rocks shot out
by earth? I'd imagine they would be more rare, since the earth has
stronger gravity and more atmosphere than either, so would be less
likely to give up its rocks (also the moon and Mars would be less likely
to catch them). But are there probably some?

In that case, is it possible dinosaur bones (say, already fossilized
bones that got thrown out by the K-T impact) are already out there?

Rick Box
Crate and Barrel
1250 Techny Road
Northbrook, Illinois 60062
T 847.239.6331
E rbox@crateandbarrel.com

This communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential or
other privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe
that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, disclose or otherwise use this information. Also,
please notify the sender by email that you have received this transmission in
error, and delete this email from your system. Thank you.