Re: The new academic aristocracy

 In the shiny digital future, the new academic aristocracy will be
 made up of those who know how to send plain-text email.

 The good news is, YOU can join!

 Folks, please.  It's not that hard.

What _is_ hard is to find out that other people only get to see the "truncated" message, because programs capable of sending not-absolutely-plain text are also capable of receiving them and displaying the text instead of the "truncated" message -- unless you actually send HTML and only HTML, you can always read your own messages without problems.

I used to think there's only one kind of plain text. That's not the case. I wonder if some e-mail programs or websites are even capable of sending text so plain it doesn't get truncated by the listserv.

In the last 12 hours, Khamber Heslin, Michael Erickson, Allan Edels, and Bruce Woollatt have sent messages that claim to be "Content-Type: text/plain" but were nonetheless truncated.