Wikipedia must be stopped b4 it kills again!

I know a few of you have directly contributed to the dino/paleo Wiki pages.

I've noticed on a couple of them that I had read several months ago that
drastic, unrewarding changes have been made.  On one, the updater who seems to
have overwritten professional entries goes by "The Tom." Doesn't sound like a
PhD to me ...   But that's just one example.

All of you have better things to do - but - dad-gum, some of the crap that's on
there is pretty ridiculous.

Is there no way to "lock" your entries?
The spirit of Wiki is good but it is open to hooligan shenanigans.

The problem with Wikipedia is that soooo many people go to it, not realizing
its limitations.