RE: The new academic aristocracy

 <4AE18836.5000105@gmx.at>

David:

A recent (a few months ago?) upgrade of my provider's email set my default
format to "Rich Text", but I was unaware of this default change.  Since your
message has let me know that apparently I've been sending messages to the DML
in this format instead the one intended, I must now make sure that I change the
default to "Plain Text".  This message should be received by one and all
without difficulty.

Here's the last email that I sent:
Quote from a NY Times article (5/30/2006):  "Scientists are also wary about
letting a spacecraft throw away information before humans get to sift through
it. They often joke about a rover obliviously driving past a dinosaur bone
lying on the Martian surface because it had been programmed torecognize only
rocks.Intelligent Beings in Space! - New York Times 05/30/2006 05:49
PMhttp://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/30/science/space/30rock.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=all
 Page 4 of 5"

Also see: http://dml.cmnh.org/2001May/msg00507.html

As I received this message, I received another one titled "Re: NEW Alien
Technologyþ" - something about "Meditation Manifestation". SPAM.

Later,   Allan E.

> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:33:26 +1100> From: dannj@alphalink.com.au> To:
> dinosaur@usc.edu> Subject: Re: dino bones in space - was it a PR thing?>> On
> Fri, Oct 23rd, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Erik Boehm <erikboehm07@yahoo.com> wrote:>>>
> ...Or perhaps a frozen dino mummy in one of those craters suspected of having
> ice in it on the>> moon...>>>... And using the dino DNA as a plot device
> somehow>> I seem to vaguely recall mention of a book or movie that used a
> similar plot device (dinosaur> tissue being found preserved on the moon).>>
> Pigdon> GIS / Archaeologist Australian Dinosaurs> Melbourne, Australia
> http://home.alphalink.com.au/~dannj>

Thanks for letting me know.

Allan Edels