Re: are these names now technically "taken" for dinos?

I wrote:

> So would you be naming "Caesarsaurus" after a person (e.g.,
> Julius Caesar) or after the title Caesar?  There's no
> reason why you couldn't name a dinosaur after Julius Caesar;

As a postscript to my long, rambling, OT post, I'll mention that there is
already a dinosaur named after Caesar: the fossil bird _Novacaesareala
hungerfordi_.  The genus literally translates as "new Caesar wing"; but the
intended etymology is "New Jersey wing".  _N. hungerfordi_ is based on a
fragmentary wing that was found in New Jersey (latest Cretaceous or earliest
Paleocene).  New Jersey takes its name from Jersey, one of the Channel Islands,
which was called 'Caesarea' by the ancient Romans.  Even though it is not clear
if the name 'Jersey' is actually derived from the Latin name 'Caesarea', the
U.S. state of New Jersey has been referred to as "Nova Caesarea".  Nowadays
this is done mostly tongue-in-cheek; but around the time the British first
claimed this territory (late 17th century), official documents do refer to this
land as "Nova Caesarea".

Cheers

Tim