Re: Ouranosaurus - how many species? Other "spino"-Igaunodontids?

Hello,

If it wasn't for the odd phylogenetic placement, one could also argue that
Tenontosaurus fits this category as well. Of course, in this case the
equivalent of the "spine" takes the form of a much enlarged and relatively
laterally compressed tail, not a sail/whithers. However, it is likely that what
ever drove the unique sail/whithers development in other ornithopods and large
theropods during this period is behind this oddity as well.

S!

-Jonas Weselake-George

--
Jonas Weselake-George <ee555@ncf.ca>