Re: More concerning the Triceratops/Torosaurus deal

Michael Erickson wrote:
*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *

Or rather:

<<

Greg Paul's mention of a rumor about a juvie *Torosaurus* made me think of =
something else that might have bearing on the *Torosaurus* as adult *Tricer=
atops* issue - that bigbutt *Triceratops* skull at the BYU Earth and Scienc=
e Museum. I know it hasn't been described (at least=2C to my knowledge it h=
asn't)=2C but according to Luis Rey=2C Bakker and a couple others who claim=
to have seen it=2C it is at least as large as the largest specimens of *To=
rosaurus*. It is apparently very=2C very massive. Too bad they won't dust t=
he thing off and publish something on it. But anyway=2C I wonder - would a =
*Triceratops* skull the size of the biggest *Torosaurus* skulls=2C and show=
ing no sign of fenestrae opening up=2C refute the notion that Toro is the a=
dult stage of Trike?

=20

Just a thought.

=20

~ Michael

<<

Are you sure it shows no sign of fenestrae opening up? Such as suspiciously thin areas in the frill...?

Besides, how complete is the frill? How much of it is plaster?