Giant Utahraptors??

Hello again!

I once read in this list (looong before being a member) about some Utahraptor
specimens that were seemingly much larger than the holotype (10 or more meters
long, with claws over half a meter in their inner curve). It was a long, long
time ago, and I never heard about it again. I asked a paleontologist (don´t
remember his name, sorry :S) about this, and he confirmed that the remains did
exist but that they have yet to be described formally.
On the other hand, James Kirkland told me that there are no Utahraptor
specimens bigger than the holotype. So, was the whole giant Utahraptor a
misunderstanding, a simple rumour, or what?

Actualiza y gana con Windows Live
http://www.actualizatuperfil.com.mx/