Re: Cómo se dice ther[o]pod y synapsid en español?

 I do have to wonder if speakers of other languages have arguments
 about the correct (i.e. etymological) pronunciation of Latinate terms
 as we English-speakers do.

Much less so, because any spelling only allows one or very few pronunciations -- which ones, however, depends of course heavily on the language.

In German, for instance, almost all you can get is uncertainty over which syllable to stress*, and that has much less of an influence on the pronunciation than in English**; in French, there's a bit of uncertainty over what to do with some cases of _gn_, some of _ch_, and final _es_, but that basically is it.

* Apart from those very few people who don't do the "soft C" thing (which is [ts] in German). Nobody does any kind of "soft G", because German lacks all the sounds it could be. ** In English, whether *Deinonychus* is stressed on the 2nd or the 3rd syllable changes the vowels of both of these syllables; not so in German.

While I am at it, Spanish and written French are similar, but the sound systems are extremely different, each containing plenty of sounds and rules that the other lacks.