RE: Cómo se dice ther[o]pod y synapsid e

  David Marjanovic,

  Earlier you stated that English has only a few ways to pronounce such a
word.  The English language's very many dialects and accents permit a wide
range of pronounciations for a variety of words, regardless of their origin or
even syllabic composition (our former President was fond of using a
three-syllable "nuclear" that is fairly common in the southern and central
states).

  While this may demonstrate a certain level of ignorance of the language they
are speaking from one point of view, it demonstrates an inherent flexibility in
the language that is also useful in incorporating foreign words into itself,
and altering some of its own rules by so doing fairly easily (not so languages
with enforced linguishing and pronounciation structure).  Note that no language
evolves or produces dialects from enforced use of linguistic/pronounciation
rules.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)