RE: Cómo se dice nucleary synapsid e

> Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:48:08 -0500
> From: raptorialtalon@gmail.com
> To: keenir@hotmail.com
> CC: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Cómo se dice nucleary synapsid e
>
> "I've heard "Rifle" pronounced to rhyme with "Ry'leh" and "Rye-full" alike."
>
> What, was someone trap-shooting with Cthulhu?

ngh.

> Why would anyone attempt
> to make "rifle" sound like that?

 I suggest you never watch the BBC, CNN, Xinghua, or any other news outlet/news
channel where people speak with an accent.   (though isn't paleontology exactly
the wrong profession for you?  after all, lots of people say the fossils' names
differently)

> And I meant in some *intentional* context . . . it's contrived as slang goes.

 it is NOT slang.  I keep saying that this is how it sounds to my ear.

Hotmail.