Re: A new T. rex â of leeches

Forget the name! Think of the implications! This may be the first leech I don't
like.

Leeches are one of the most innocuous micropredators you can run into. Compared
to Culicomorpha and Tabanidae they are relatively easier to avoid, painless and
disease free. Plus, they are very pretty and have multiple very elegant modes
of locomotion.

They're also apparently great as pets (although they tend to sleep for several
months after you feed them).

However, for this new genus - I think we can all make an exception!

-Jonas Weselake-George