Re: papers for archive.org

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, David Marjanovic wrote:
Rescued from truncation:

 Who scans and uploads papers to archive.org..? As far as i can
 tell,=20 anyone can.=A0 SO, if you're going to do this, please make
 your PDF=20 compatible with Acrobat Reader 5 or later (or better yet,
 AR4 or=20 later).=20

 "Portable document format" doesn't mean anything when you have to=20
 keep downloading the latest version of Acrobat reader. It's idiotic
 to=20 make a PDF that requires Acrobat Reader 6 or later. Thanks.=20

 Paul P.

Incidentally, I disagree. Acrobat Reader is free, so you _can_ simply
download the latest version (currently 8). Or do the newer versions not

Actually, 9.something  ;)

work on all operating systems?

That said, pdfs of scientific papers are rather unlikely to require
features that weren't yet available in version 3.

Yes and no. I've seen a couple folks here have problems downloading with older versions of the Adobe reader.