Re: Is there a formal term for this?

And all these species form the hypodigm of the genus.
Also: let T, R, and H the number of Type species, Referred species,
and number of species under the Hypodigm of the genus.
By definition, T=1. Also, H=T+R=1+R or R=H-1.

If you want to be strictly accurate, Saint Abyssal, you should also
consider the species which have been synonymized.

Cheers,
Jocelyn

--
Jocelyn Falconnet