RE: Mammal-like crocodilian described

We are almost certainly referring to some poposaurs, such as *Postosuchus
kirkpatricki*, which has a very small manus and seemingly shorter forelimbs
than would made effective bipedal _running_ feasible. Other poposaurids may
have differed. "Rauisuchians" in general exhibit an inturned femoral caput,
"incipient" cervix, and a supracetabular shelf with medial opening of the
acetabulum, indicating the femur was held firmly and beneath the ilium.
Construction of the knee and femoral curvature also implies primarily a
fore-aft movement while the femur is in near vertical orientation, indicating
parasagittal stance and walk.

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
The Bite Stuff (site v2)