Re: Faxinalipterus - Pterosauria from the Late Triassic of Southern Brazil

Roberto Takata <rmtakata@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bonaparte, J.F.; Schultz, C.L. & Soares, M.B. 2010 - Pterosauria from
> the Late Triassic of Southern Brazil. Lecture Notes in
> Earth Sciences 132:63-71.

The paper seems to suggest that this critter might not have been able to fly.
At least, that's my take on Bonaparte et al.'s comment regarding the unfused
scapula-coracoid of the specimen.

_Faxinalipterus_ was found in the same level as _Guaibasaurus_.  So the former
might have been a tasty snack for the latter.

Cheers

Tim