Re: Leviathan => Livyatan

Quoting Tim Williams <tijawi@yahoo.com>:

This arose on the DML a month or two ago, so here's an update. The fossil whale genus _Leviathan_, which was found to be preoccupied by a genus of mastodon, has been re-named _Livyatan_.

By coincidence, I came up with the same suggestion:

http://dml.cmnh.org/2010Jul/msg00002.html

*Livyatan* is a fine name, thought I was kind of hoping they'd go with *Monstro*:

http://www.disneyanaexchange.com/Photobin/wpi-pinocchio.monstro.jpg

Ah, well.  Maybe someone will use it for the next toothy sperm whale!

Nicholas J. Pharris

"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't."

--Anatole France