Re: Balaur bondac, the double-bladed dromaeosaurid of Transylvania!

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 12:36 AM, T. Michael Keesey <keesey@gmail.com>
> It has the usual number of digits; it's just that digit I is
> hypertrophied like digit II. (Homeotic shift?)

It doesn't seems to me to be hypertrophied. It seems just to be
dislodged from the original position (maybe turned post mortem to
front).

The digit I talon is about 1/3 of the digit II talon well within the
dromeosaurinae range. (See Fig. 12.6 in the The Dinosauria, 1990
edition.)

[]s,

Roberto Takata