Re: Balaur bondac, the double-bladed dromaeosaurid of Transylvania!

 More truncation:

 >>> It has the usual number of digits; it's just that digit I is
 hypertrophied like digit II. (Homeotic shift?)<<<

 I don't think a homeotic shift can explain it, as the MTI location
 and morph isn't consistent with that (true that the ung[u]al looks
 like 2, but ung[u]al 2 still looks like 2, and really, altering claw
 shape across theropod phylogeny seems rapid enough to not invoke such
 a high-level shift).

 But it's really cool either way.

 -Scott

 -- Scott Hartman
 Scientific Advisor/Technical Illustrator
 (307) 921-9750
 www.skeletaldrawing.com