Re: Darwin Day petition

My paper on the matter of Darwinian hagiography FWIW:

A PDF is available free here:

On 05/02/2010, at 8:33 AM, Augusto Haro wrote:

> 2010/2/4 dale mcinnes <wdm1949@hotmail.com>:
>> Nothing looks so pathetic and meek as asking a political figure permission
>> to celebrate your
>> heroes!!
>> Avoid this petition folks. Enough said. --dale
> hahahaaaa!!
> Such a funny way of ending a message!
> However, I adhere to what Joe Skulan said in the VertPaleo List some
> time ago: avoid hagiography.

John Wilkins, Assistant Professor, Philosophy, Bond Uni
Blog: http://evolvingthoughts.net/

Who, too deep for his hearers, still went on refining.
And thought of convincing while they thought of dining;
Though equal to all things, for all things unfit;
Too nice for a statesman, too proud for a wit. [Goldsmith: "Retaliation"]
Species: A history of the idea http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/11391.php