RE: Playin' Yer Banji

Quoting Jaime Headden <qi_leong@hotmail.com>:

I understand, but the way *Mei long* works is effectively a uninomial broken into two, rather than any attempt at a Latin phrase. Any time at this poin that thye same naming convention is ued as in *Mei*, I will exect the exception in intent will prove greater than any attempt to parse it into Latin/Greek.

I'm aware that that's the intent, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! :-)

Seriously, it strikes me as pretty arrogant of a couple of recent authors to try to unilaterally overturn a 200-year-old system of nomenclature.

Nicholas J. Pharris