Re: More evidence of dinosaur colors

"Flushing" behaviour is known for a number of birds, including fantails
(Rhipiduridae), some monarchs (Arses kaupi, for example) and parulid
"redstarts" (Setophaga and Myioborus), though not to my knowledge for wagtails.
All these birds are small arboreal passerines. Though of course we cannot say
what Anchiornis did, I think that birds like the sunbittern and kagu
(Rhynochetos), which use strongly-barre
d wings for display, seem more likely analogues.

Sent from my iPhone