SV: Climate change vs BANDits

Sorry for that last posting. I had missed Mary's stop on the thread.

Tommy Tyrberg

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] För Dora
Skickat: den 14 februari 2010 01:15
Till: maniraptor@yahoo.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
Ämne: Re: Climate change vs BANDits

I'd not been following this.  I've been very busy, and i took one look
the subject line.  Climate change vs bandits?  or BANDwhatsits?

Just so you all know, I looked into it.  The medieval warming period was

caused by a change in a narrow band of air currents that affected the
southwestern U.S. and hte North Atlantic.   Ice cores and fossil records
so forth from other parts of the world show taht the warming was not
worldwide.   However, enough things melted quickly enough in the
Atlantic to destabilize the ocean currents that moderate the climate in
region, and then the sun entered a relatively inactive period.

Earth's climate is seriously dynamically unstable, and it's extremely
to mess with it, in my opinion.  It often takes a relatively minor event
tip the scales.

Dora Smith
Austin, TX