FW: Dinosaur Calendar Project

I was about to delete this article of yours (sorry!!) until I reread your
concept of creating something on a specific species of dinosaur for each
calendar day. I think you've got quite a neat idea here. May I make a
suggestion here ...... Take each month and devote it to a particular dino
group (ex: ceratopsians). For each day a reconstructed skull AND a life
reconstruction of the head one over top the other. Devote December to photo
portraits of palaeontologists. Put Darwin's photo on 25th Dec. (Darwin Day).

O.K. .... it was just a suggestion. --dale

> Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:37:59 -0600
> From: kriket-ladybug@worldnet.att.net
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Dinosaur Calendar Project
>
> I am looking to start up a dinosaur themed calendar and would like your
> help.
> I need interesting facts especially related to specific dates.
> Facts can be birthdates of famous paleontologists or anyone contributing to
> the study of dinosaurs. Historical events, anniversaries, unique fossil
> finds and anything
> that would be of interest. All this will be compiled into a day-by-day
> format.
> Online links to specific articles and pictures of course would require
> permissions for inclusion. Each date will also spotlight a specific dinosaur
> species or genus so a brief summary about it would be helpful [sort of a
> did-you-know].
>
> I hope that this would give everyone on list a chance to contribute.
> It would be fun to see what comes of this. Any technical advice also
> welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> John Schneiderman
Ready. Set. Get a great deal on Windows 7. See fantastic deals on Windows 7 now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691818