Re: Dinosaur Calendar Project

But, seriously folks...   :-)

I am currently reading the journals of Arthur Lakes (DISCOVERING DINOSAURS
IN THE OLD WEST, edited by Michael F. Kohl and John S. McIntosh, 1997) so
here's a significant date:
On March 27th, 1877, Arthur Lakes and Captain Henry C. Beckwith discovered
the first dinosaur bones eroding out of a hogback near the little
settlement of Morrison, Colorado.

Er... I guess I mean the first big *Jurassic* dinosaurs... not the first
*ever* dinosaurs. Or were there Jurassic or Morrison Formation aged
dinosaurs discovered elsewhere before that? A little help from the List on
this?

Another question for the List:
When was the Morrison Formation named? It was named after the town and not
vice versa, right?

Question for John Schneiderman:
What form will your calendar take? I assume it will be something online
since you mentioned links to articles and pictures. Will this be a product
you can market or is it intended be a hobby project? Tell us more!

-- Donna Braginetz