warped deltopectoral crest question

When a warped deltopectoral crest is crushed, as in Niobrara Fm. materials, the
crush may be apparent at certain crush angles, but not others. I have noticed a
certain thickening and a resistance to crushing in the crest in more than a few
specimens. But those aren't the problem.

In the absence of another humerus from the same specimen, how does one
determine whether or not a deltopectoral crest is actually warped when by all
appearances it is not? I ask this because the plesiomorphic condition for
pterosaurs is "unwarped" and I'm looking for the dividing line.

Any clue will do.

David Peters
davidpeters@att.net