To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: Google books

I saw a news story on this a week or so ago. According to the story, Google has a couple large buildings where there are nothing but banks and banks of scanners. They are scanning as many books, magazines and whatever else is in print, as fast as they can.

A Google rep. admitted that the ultimate goal is for Google to start charging for this material, after they have "hooked" people.

The news story also noted that Google will eventually get sued by someone (or perhaps a class-action suit), because the copyright status of some of this stuff is in question.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASQwAAAAA=