To: <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
Cc: <jeff@jeffhecht.com>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: Google books

Jim, it's nice for you that you happen to benefit from the work of a
twenty-years dead author; but surely the mere fact that you come out
of the copyright equation ahead of the game shouldn't influence
whether or not you think its _right_.  To pick a reductio-ad-absurdum
parallel, that would be like supporting slavery because your family
benefits from having slaves.  Support for the current copyright regime
must surely come from consideration of whether it's _right_, not of
who benefits.