Re: Google books

No it isn't, and I don't agree. My experience is an anecdotal example of how well our current copyright laws can work.
JimC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Taylor" <mike@indexdata.com>
To: <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
Cc: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: Google books

Hi, Jim.  This is a great anecdotal example of how the usual
consequences of our current copyright law can be transformed into
something much better.  Still, I'm sure you'd agree that this is very
much the exception rather than the rule.  To pick a well-known
example, it's far from clear how allowing the Walt Disney estate to
continue to control the character Mickey Mouse promotes the useful
arts and sciences.