Re: Horner's Pachy Lumpin' - Your Thoughts?

In a message dated 1/8/10 1:24:35 PM, zach.armstrong64@yahoo.com writes:

<< I should also point out that in PT #75, there is a Pachycephalosaurus
skeletal done by Greg Paul that has long spikes, too. I am not sure of his
reasoning on this, but I'm sure he has a good one :) >>

This is based on the Treibold specimen. Although large, it is not as big as
the big USNM skull without spikes.

I by the way suspect that the hypothesis that a number of the dinosaurs we
have thought are separate species and even genera are really growth stages
is correct, this sort of thing goes back to all the juvey lambeosaurines
being genera once upon a time. But small sample sizes do make it difficult to
be
sure. Will discuss this in the field guide.

GSPaul

</HTML>